In my free time I like to read Fantasy and Science Fiction books. Though Fantasy is my preferred genre I did read quite a lot of SF pockets lately which I got from my father in law. My girlfriend is, just like here father, more of a SF reader so I tried to convince here to start reading some of my books and now I’ve finally managed to get her started in one of my favorite series ‘The Wheel of Time’
Right now, I guess cause I write a bit in advance, she just started with book 4. I’m also trying to get here started in some other series I really like, but she wants to stick to one series at a time. I myself don’t really mind reading in several series at once. I must admit I do prefer series over a single book.
These are the series I’m currently busy with:
- The wheel of time by Robert Jordan (just finished book 12)
- The Sword of Thruth series by Terry Goodkind (just finished book 6)
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George r.r. Martin (Waiting for book 5 too frickin long!!)
- The Three Worlds Cycle by Ian Irvin (Busy in book 3)
- The Elves by Bernard Hennen ( Recently finished the first book, only available in German and Dutch right now)
- The Dwarfs by Markuz Heitz ( Finished book 2 quite a long time ago , think the first book is also available in English)
There is more, I’ve read two series from Tad Williams and the first three series from Robin Hobb (stopped in book two of the fourth, too depressing!) Two questions. One: Do you read simultaneously? and Two: Which series do I absolutely have to read (and why)?
Looking forward to your suggestions!